Do you find yourself cringing when someone asks your weight? Why are so many women ashamed to admit what the scale says?

No matter where you look, the media sends messages all around the clock that women are somehow not worth while if they weigh more than 100 pounds! "Did you see what she was wearing???" "Can you believe how much weight that so-and-so has gained???"

Where did this superficiality sprout from??? I don't know about you, but I am sick and tired of looking at all of the magazine covers and television icons who promote that sickly skinny is the way to be! Not only does it traumatize our youth, but it also sends the message that if you aren't skinny, you are no good, to women all over the world!!!

When I say that it traumatizes our youth, I am speaking from a first hand experience. I am a recovering anorexic, bulimic, and compulsive eater. I remember at the age of 13, turning on a movie with nudity, and having my first encounter with a movie exploiting women.

She looked nothing like me nude. I remember feeling so ashamed of myself. I thought, "What's wrong with me? Am I some kind of freak?! If this is what women should look like, then what happened to me!?"

I became anorexic not long after. I am currently 27, and I still find myself struggling with fourteen-year-old delusions.

I grew up with a mother that was constantly on a diet. I remember so vividly how she would talk about how fat she was; she was ALWAYS "on a diet", yet I thought she was the most beautiful woman in the world. I picked up alot of her self esteem issues, but in no way do I blame her. She was a victim of child abuse, as was I, which is linked to self worth issues.

With all that aside, our weight in no way should link us to our self worth or our personal identity! I am not a number on the scale!!!!!!! I am a beautiful, intelligent, loving woman who deserves nothing but respect and love from those I encounter and the people I love!

And this is how every woman in the world should feel! Do not let the world control how you think or how you feel about yourself! Don't let Hollywood, which is only about making money, control you like a puppet! We have to take back our minds and our own thoughts.

Weight loss should be about becoming healthy. It should be about adding energy and feeling the absolute best about ourselves. Lose weight for you and not for what you think will impress some unreachable standard that our world has brain-washed us to believe is perfect.

I am going to start telling myself how beautiful I am; will you join me???

Stephanie

Unstoppable Fat Loss!
Foolproof 30 Day Diet!
Program Yourself Thin!
Strip That Fat!60 day money back guarantee
Fit Mommies!
Burn Body Fat . . .The MILITARY Way!
Celebrity Dance Instruction - 8 Dvd Set!
Workoutpass: Over 100,000 Workouts

2 comments:

Write on, Stephanie! Being loved is what makes a person feel beautiful,not looking like a stick.

Those that promote that sickly look are misogynists who want women to look like boys. I am someone who worries about everything I eat lest I gain a single pound, and be less attractive.

I can tell you it is like always feeling somewhat deprived (and leads to some hecka chocolate candy binges!)

Patricia
the3rdpartynetwork.com

January 10, 2008 at 11:32 PM  

100% agree with you Stephanie!
What makes someone beautiful is not what appear outside but more of what kind of person you are inside.
It's really sickening to see girls as young as 8 years old worrying about being fat, SAD!

Lily B
http://www.plug-in-4-profit.com/blog/

January 12, 2008 at 4:03 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home