Weight loss alone is hard enough without all the food temptations and physical factors that follow you throughout life. Aside from all the temptation we face from day to day, as women, we encounter the physical cravings caused by our hormones shifting from the dreaded PMS.

For me, two weeks before the infamous Aunt Flo comes to town, I experience severe food cravings for cookies, chocolate cakes, french fries, chips, forks, shirts, shoes, people... okay, slight exaggeration, but you get the idea.

The key to success through this expected, and usually unavoidable time is to be proactive instead of reactive. Keep a snack with you at all times, something salty and something sweet.

I like to keep a Weight Watchers chocolate cake and one serving of baked chips in my purse. I don't touch either snack unless temptation strikes and I feel like I cannot control myself any longer. Like when I'm at work and someone brings in a triple layer fudge cake.

Chocolate is my absolute weakness during PMS. And of course, the person who brings in this little goody always drags me by my hair and sticks my nose in it. Actually, I could be fifty feet away and smell it's chocolate yumminess!

This is the time I will take out my one point Weight Watchers chocolate cake, which for only being one point, is absolutely delicious, and eat it slowly, savoring the flavors. Much to my surprise, it's not so hard to deny the triple layer fudge cake and stay on track with my goals.

My personal triumphs and failures have taught me to always keep track of every little bite. Having everything in a weight loss diary causes me to be honest with myself. It keeps me in check. It is so easy to eat little things here and there, not realizing how many calories I have actually taken in.

My most recent success has been by doing online Weight Watchers. I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers. I have tried almost every weight loss program out there, and Weight Watchers has given me the tools to be successful.

I sky rocketed to being 50 lbs. over-weight a few months back. Since then, I have dropped 20 lbs. and am back into jeans that I haven't worn in a year. I still have a long way to go, but Weight Watchers has given me the tools I need in order to be successful and change my relationship with food. Even during PMS.

I have learned that setting daily goals is key to successful weight loss. Don't look into the future. When you look ahead and focus on all the weight you need to lose and how much time and sweat you will have to put into it, it can become extremely overwhelming and can suck all the motivation right out of you, causing you to give up hope before you even take the first steps to a healthy lifestyle - mind, body, and soul.

Before you eat anything, you have to stop and ask yourself, "Am I truly hungry, or am I just eating because I am bored, lonely, depressed, tired, PMSing, etc.?" It takes discipline.

We are such a blessed nation, in that, we have such an ample supply of food that we take it for granted. There are so many people around the world that go days and sometimes weeks or months without food.

Something I believe is pertinent to eliminating the cravings that are caused from PMS, and eating highly processed, sugary foods is to detox the body of all the toxins that we put there on a daily basis. 12 Steps To A Complete Body Detox is crucial for anyone who is trying to fight food addiction. You will find that the cravings associated with PMS and everyday temptations will diminish and eventually disappear.

Local drug stores also have body detox products that you can purchase, which they keep in the diet section.

PMS is an unavoidable fact that most women have to face monthly. For more information on symptoms and treatments click the following link: Web Health Center.


Yours In Christ


Stephanie

Super Foods For Health!
12 Steps To A Complete Body Detox!
Miracle Superfoods For Ultimate Health, Beauty & Longevity!
Unstoppable Fat Loss!
Foolproof 30 Day Diet!
Program Yourself Thin!
Strip That Fat!60 day money back guarantee
Fit Mommies!
Burn Body Fat . . .The MILITARY Way!
Celebrity Dance Instruction - Hot Conversion Mastered Pages, 8 Dvd Set!
Workoutpass: Over 100,000 Workouts

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home